Apostrophy Designs: Backyard Water Pinatas

Backyard Water Pinatas

Grocery bags that double as Water Pinatas?

A little bit of white trash, a lotta bit of F-U-N!!

I actually heard this idea from a lady in my neighbor who had a Grandma Camp (totally cool idea of it's own) and they did these pinatas that her Grandkids loved.

Since I babysit on a regular basis and our budget is usually, well cheap...I thought we would try these out...

Gather up your grocery bags, I even had my sister's send some from their houses up with their kids...

And they sort them holes, no holes...

The ones with no holes can be doubled-up, filled with water, and then tied up, ready to be hit.

The ones with smaller holes can be layered a few more times and done the same as above. Sometime these ones will leak but the kids loved running underneath them.

We first tried to hit them with a bat, but it failed!! So then I let the kids use a tennis racket and the water and bags came trickling down.

We had a ton of bags, and the excitement lasted for hours.

Near the end my we were joking about this being 'white trash' pinatas...either way we were having a lot of fun.

I even hit a few!

Here are some of my favorite faces...




**When we were done with our grocery bags, we laid them in the sun to dry and then threw them into the recycling bin.**

4 comments:

Adrienne Hansen said...

SOOOO fun! SOOOOO fun!

Holly Hox said...

You are the coolest. I kind of wish you were my babysitter...

Katie said...

Oooooh- this looks so fun! Love the kids' facial expressions in the pics!

Delia said...

ha ha...this is so fun! Love the idea.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.